The Business & Finance Committee is looking for members interested in or have relevant accounting and finance experience. The Committee is responsible for overseeing the financial affairs of the Society. This includes:
- Overseeing financial records and financial reports.
- Assisting the Board in understanding the financial position of the Society.
- Developing the budget and providing quarterly budget reviews.
- Ensuring adequate and correct books and records are maintained.
- Overseeing and helping provide appropriate internal controls.
- Developing accounting, investment, and financial policies.
- Reviewing the annual IRS Form 990 filing.
- Reviewing the annual audit with the external auditors.
- Maintaining accounts for Society funds.
- Three to four meetings over the year, held at the CFA-MN office in Minneapolis, with phone-in available.
- Participation in the activities of the Committee with time and commitment is flexible.