UTAH SCHOOL AND INSTITUTIONAL TRUST FUNDS OFFICE (SITFO)
SENIOR INVESTMENT ANALYST POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
THE INVESTMENT ANALYST ROLE
As a Senior Investment Analyst you will be joining a high-functioning and collegial investment team playing an integral role in the investment process, including diligence on new and existing public and private equity investment managers. Team members are expected to bring the skills and experience necessary to make quantitative and qualitative assessments of investment teams and strategies, participate in portfolio construction discussions, and present to the Board of Trustees.
This role reports to the Chief Investment Officer and will work collaborate with the whole team. The Senior Investment Analyst is expected to be, above all, a team player who is a hands-on contributor that supports the continued intellectual growth of the office.
Key Duties and Opportunities include:
· A seat at the table and expectation of contributing to team discussions and decisions.
· The Senior Investment Analyst will have direct access and exposure to leadership and mentoring.
· The Senior Investment Analyst will work exclusively with a group of approachable investment professionals who strive to practice self-awareness and self-improvement.
· Perform investment and operational due diligence on prospective and existing equity-oriented investments across multiple strategy types, liquidity profiles, and fund structures in collaboration with external consultants and the SITFO team.
· Independently create qualitative and quantitative analysis as part of identification, evaluation, due diligence, and monitoring of investment managers.
· Utilize investment software such as eVestment Venn, MPI, Burgiss, or similar, to research and perform analyses on portfolios, strategies, and managers.
o Three (3) or more years researching and selecting private equity managers with background or capability to select public equity managers
o Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently as well as being part of a team
o Gives and receives constructive feedback, mentorship, and able to contribute to a culture of active learning
o You’ve got plans for higher education and/or professional certifications and want a supportive environment to achieve these goals within
o Broad interests that uniquely shape your perspective as an investor Consultants in Executive Search
o Curious, analytical, intellectual, honest, persistent, and a team player who values their colleagues and believes in SITFO’s mission